|Changes to Appointments and Services|
Dear Patients of Rozelle Medical Centre,
In light of the developing COVID-19 Pandemic, our practice will be making some significant changes to our appointment bookings and on-site access.
Our priority right now is to continue providing a quality healthcare service to the community, protecting our doctors/staff and ensure the safety of our patients who would be at significant risk of COVID-19.
From Monday 16th March, we have been actively offering telephone consultations to all existing patients of the practice. These can now be booked in upon request, over the phone or via Hotdoc. The feedback from patients has so far been overwhelmingly positive, and we want to continue offering this service on a large scale. In this difficult time, we are committed to supporting our healthcare service to be convenient for our patients and maximise social distancing.
From Monday 23rd March, the following changes will be in place:
1. Patients will first need to book in for a phone consultation with the doctor before presenting to the practice for a physical appointment once the doctor has deemed it safe for the patient to do so. Only in exceptional clinical circumstances where the nurse has triaged the patient will this requirement be waived.
2. The practice will be remaining open between 8am-7pm, but restricted access to the practice will be in place. The front doors will be locked, and patients will need to call reception from outside the practice to confirm their identify and go through the triage questions to gain physical access to the practice. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept walk-in patients unless it is a clinical emergency.
3. From 8am-3pm, the practice will only be taking bookings for Phone Consultations. This will allow our doctors to determine who requires a further physical consultation at the practice, whilst ensuring they are not a high risk COVID-19 case. Bulk-billing eligibility for these will be determined by the doctor at the time of consultation, otherwise there will be a $45.00 fee for this. Reception can also provide some insight into the bulk-billing criteria, so please call ahead!
4. Appointments from 3pm-7pm will be reserved for in-person consultations only after being requested by the doctor and cleared as having no cold or flu symptoms. Only in exceptional circumstances will patients with cold or flu symptoms be seen in this time (this consists of runny nose, sore throat, fever, cough or shortness of breath). In this case, the doctor will advise a safe way to attend the practice and be placed in an isolated environment.
5. With the arrival of our private flu vaccines, we will be holding controlled flu clinics in the waiting room from 9am-2pm. These will be spread out to ensure we have only two patients in the waiting room at any given time. More information will be provided on our website regarding this when this is ready.
6. Laverty Pathology will no longer be available onsite within our Medical Centre. Urgent blood tests may be accepted by the doctor at their clinical discretion. Non-urgent tests can be referred to another nearby pathology collector. (Harold Park Medical Centre or Birkenhead Medical Centre are within 5 minutes drive).
7. Allied Health Services such as Physiotherapy and Psychology will continue to operate at their usual times. Upon arriving to the practice, patients will need to call reception to confirm their identify and then be triaged by the nurse. If clear of cold/flu symptoms, patients can attend the practice for their appointment.
Please understand that these changes are being made with every intention of ensuring your safe-continuity of care. We will strive to continue providing the highest quality of healthcare in these adverse times. If you are having any trouble getting through to reception, please try and call again as we are currently taking a large volume of calls.
We thank you for your ongoing support and will update you on any significant changes.
Further queries can be directed to reception on 9818 1355.